Monday 18 July 2016

UMARU THE YOUNG BOY WHO IS NOW A MAN

Umaru was my little guide in Uganda and we would walk around the village together.  I had bought him a transitor radio and as there was no power and I had no computer it got a little quiet at times. So I had wrapped a electrical telephone cord around my case from Australia to hold it together. So Umaru took this cord and some how hooked it  up to the battery radio and connected it to 2 old speakers being used as a table. Lo and behold we had music in our bedroom and one in the other room. So I bought many batteries to keep it going.
   Kitty was a white so so skinny cat that Umaru had and it was living on a little rice. I used to feed him with my food when no one was looking. Kitty used to go next door and up into the roof looking for birds or something else to eat. The man next door said if that cat comes over again I will shoot him. So I made lead out of two of my belts and Kitty was then kept tied up if out side. He was allowed off lead inside. Not being desexed he naturally wanted to wander. Kitty apparently lived for a few years and then died.
There was a high wall around Mawandas house and I used to sit on the wall and watch people go by. You would never be lonely in Uganda. The look on the faces of these people when they saw a 60 yr old white lady with red hair was priceless. There would be men and women with various goods on their heads, material, cooking utensils,  clothes and many other types of goods to sell. It was amazing. Also small monkeys would sit in the trees and watch me. I could just go back there again. It opened my eyes so much and inspired me to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment