Thursday 8 September 2016

HOPE AN ANGEL

I am not sure if I repeat myself but if I do I am sorry. At 70 years old it is hard to remember.
When I got back to Australia after meeting Mawanda in Uganda I had culture shock myself and found myself feeling guilty when eating good food. I had put my story on to a blog I can no longer find but some one read it and I got an email from a complete stranger from USA who wanted to buy the air ticket for Mawanda to come to Australia.I at first thought it was a scam of some sort and was very scepital about it.
But one morning I woke up and there was an email from Hope telling me that there was  something for me at the  Post Office. I went there and low and behold there was  $2000 in cash with a message from Hope saying hope you have an engagement and happy wedding. I just cried and could not beleive it. That was the beginning of all the hassle of getting Mawanda to Australia.  I had to borrow money on credit cards for the visas that had to be paid.  But I was so thankful to Hope for her caring spirit. Hope and I got very close and were in contact nearly every day.💜. One day soon after Hope phoned me to tell me she had been attacked and hurt very badly by her daughter.  Details I will not go into.  But Hope was badly hurt. She was in hospital for a few days and her daughter was in a security place?  I felt so so shocked and sad that this had happened to such a caring person. In November 2007 Hope came to visit me for 6 weeks. We got on so well and not a cross word the whole 6 weeks.  It was like we were soul sisters. We had a nice time together.  Hope was in contact with Mawanda and yet they have not met yet?  Hope also came to court to help me get Mawanda here and we won the appeal. I felt sad to see Hope go home. I love her very much.💚 and we are still in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment